[rescue] Wisdom of the Collective: QFE

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Feb 9 17:23:06 CST 2014

eBay is as much a wretched hive of scum and vaillainy as the rest of the
world. Doesn't mean it's eBay's fault or that it's everyone's experience.
If you're careful and clueful it's still a good resource.

If you're xenophobic, or think it might help, click "US Only" on the search
results. I usually do that just to reduce shipping time, and the last dozen
things I've ordered have made it in a week or less. My last negative eBay
transaction experience was probably about 200-300 transactions ago in the
early 2000s.

If you're afraid of eBay for some reason, you may be able to find similar
items under Amazon's marketplace. For example,
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-PWLA8494MT-1000-Server-Adapter/dp/B00008PX2M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1391987608&sr=8-7&keywords=quad+pci+ethernet(albeit
a quad gigE card), or go with my favorite Sun-era qfe replacement,
Znyx ZX346Q (
http://www.amazon.com/ZNYX-ZX346Q-QUAD-ETHERNET-NETWORKS/dp/B000J4AG88/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1391987719&sr=8-14&keywords=quad+fast+ethernet+pci).
Not related or associated with either seller, but I've got both kinds of
cards. :)