[rescue] Wisdom of the Collective: QFE

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sun Feb 9 15:53:56 CST 2014

On 02/09/14 16:20, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Quad port PCI (not PCI-X) Fast Ethernet boards are a bit rare, but shouldn't
> be that expensive if you need to replace it with a 3v card.
>
> Can the HP ingest a PCI-X card? If so, quad port Gigabit Ethernet cards are
> plentiful and affordable ($25 is what paid a year ago)...

It is documented as being a PCI-X slot.  I've located quad-port Intel
Pro/1000 cards down to about $60, but the only places I've seen them
significantly below that is on eBay, and I ... just don't have any peace
of mind buying via eBay any more.  It's become a haunt of scammers and
slow-boat-from-China shops.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications