[rescue] Wisdom of the Collective: QFE

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 15:20:02 CST 2014

Quad port PCI (not PCI-X) Fast Ethernet boards are a bit rare, but shouldn't
be that expensive if you need to replace it with a 3v card.

Can the HP ingest a PCI-X card? If so, quad port Gigabit Ethernet cards are
plentiful and affordable ($25 is what paid a year ago)...

I just turned-up a small pile of Apple HW that included an Apple PCI SCSI
card, SCSI cable & 80 Gig SCSI HD, as well as an Apple Quad Fast Ethernet PCI
card... I don't know if that would work for you - not sure if it is
Apple-specific hardware or if it supports 3V operation...

Lionel

> On Feb 9, 2014, at 3:25 PM, Patrick <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
>
> 2. Pci cards are cheap , you should have a spare qfe or other quad card
anyways :)