[rescue] Question on V490 power

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Aug 25 11:30:29 CDT 2014

Jay wrote:

> The power supplies are the original ones - just had a quick glance at them
and
> noticed they were not 110vac - but did not look 3-phase either, so assumed
> they were single phase ~208vac.

   Yeah, 208. Once Upon A Time we ordered three V890s and they arrived with
the 208V PSUs. The sales rep kind of threw up their hands and fluttered about
and refused to do anything, so we had to have the campus electricians rig up
special power under the floors. (Never did business with that company again.)
When we ordered V490s, I made extra-special certain that they came with
"normal" 110 PSUs.

   So yes, those are most likely the stock PSUs. I wish you luck in getting
that server running: it's loud and hot but gets a lot of work done!

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt