[rescue] NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Aug 12 07:25:38 CDT 2014

" From: "Carl R. Friend" <crfriend at rcn.com>
"
" []
"
"     DEC -- you deserved so much better than what happened to you.  Even
" Data General, the "bastards of the industry" fell after you did.  And
" you (as well as all of the other minicomputer companies who failled)
" too the entire New England economy with you, which has not, to this day,
" recovered.

lucent also did their part for our economy.  when they decided to go
to an all-service business model, cease manufacturing, and lay off 2/3
of their workforce, my corner of the state lost a $1b/year factory and
12000 good-paying jobs.  it hasn't been the same since.

corporate vultures <spit>.  they aren't always on the outside.