[rescue] NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Aug 11 13:55:47 CDT 2014

" From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
"
" On August 10, 2014 1:26:36 PM EDT, adh at an.bradford.ma.us wrote:
" >[]
" >
" >but -- i can leave my xp notebook on for weeks without problems,
" >though firefox memory leaks demand a kill and restart every once in a
" >while.  my gf's w7 notebook suffers from what i'm guessing are kernel
" >memory leaks, because only a restart will reclaim the memory, and it
" >needs them weekly or so.  and this is not running as an admin.
" >
" >[]
"
" I wonder if the w7 laptop has leaky drivers installed. I have some w7
" machine that will run for many weeks between restarts.

how would i go about checking this, short of disabling drivers
semi-randomly?