[rescue] NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Sun Aug 10 17:38:15 CDT 2014

On 08/10/14 07:34 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> --
> was mips always open?  or did that come about after the collapse of
> mips workstations and their realignment into the embedded market?
> sparc was iirc always open.
> ____

I honestly don't know the specifics about MIPS.  I have observed this
discussion, concerning CPU openness, take place easily a dozen or more times on
different Internet forums and mailing lists.  Anytime someone make a comment
about the openness of SPARC, someone jumps in in defense of the openness of MIPS.

I suppose that I would comment at this point, that my intent to list both is to
show non-bias and/or lack of presentable evidence to prove to mailing list
members that the MIPS platform is more open than SPARC.

Jerry