[rescue] derail to Adaptec/Linux [Re: NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?]

pakenned-list at pobox.com pakenned-list at pobox.com
Thu Aug 7 14:07:05 CDT 2014

On 2014-08-07 19:51+0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2014, pakenned-list at pobox.com wrote:
>
> > I read (maybe in the source code?) about how BusLogic willingly
> > provided documentation and engineer time supporting some person in
> > the Linux community who was writing the driver.
>
> Indeed, unfortunately Leonard Zubkoff who was a great supporter for
> Linux in its early days and the person you referred to was killed many
> years ago in a helicopter crash.

Thank you!

I knew this (somewhere in the recesses of my memory) and my googling
earlier did not turn up the right name or the right documents.  I think
that my primary reference was actually kernel documentation:

    https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/scsi/BusLogic.txt

I remember hearing of his (quite unexpected) death and being shocked.

PAK