[rescue] WTB: SUN VSIMM for SS20

Kurt M. Nowak kurt.m.nowak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 15:21:30 CDT 2014

On 8/3/2014 1:05 PM, Mouse wrote:
>> When you add the framebuffer you lose a memory slot, compared to an
>> SBUS framebuffer...
> Sbus framebuffers with the capability of the cg14 are probably even
> more scarce than 8M VSIMMs.  In particular, I know of only one that
> does 24bpp; the name my memory is handing me for it is the Leo, but
> that could well be wrong.  (It's a high-end - for Sbus - 3D device,
> with Z-buffering and antialiasing and blending and such.)
>
> /~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
> \ / Ribbon Campaign
>   X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org
> / \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B
Thats probably the Creator for Ultra 1/2s. I have a Leo (ZX) in an SS5
and it pumps out a lot of heat which was one of my reasons for aiming
for a VSIMM in the SS20. I dont need outstanding graphics. Plus my TGX
just died in my SS10 and I could give the TGX my SS20 currently has to
the SS10 and give the SS20 the cooler running VSIMM..... Not worried
about losing memory. My banks aren't full anyway. probably way TMI....

-Kurt