[rescue] Vax source code

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Oct 13 08:55:41 CDT 2013

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:31:42 -0700
"Kurt M. Nowak" <kurt.m.nowak at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Keep in mind that Al is a very busy man.  Bitsavers is a side project.
> > Of course yes. But IIRC he has the equipment (i.e. microfiche scanner).
> > Even if he don't get around to scan the microfiche, he will preserve
> > them. At least they will not get tossed into the next waste bin.
> Sometimes I wonder what his backlog must look like and if he will *ever*
> get around to finishing.
Thats where the problem starts.

> I was told by someone that lives near him that
> he has stacks and stacks of manuals sitting in his office. I'm still
> waiting for my request of Apollo manuals that he has yet to post-process
> and upload to the site...I think there would be lots of people out there
> that would be willing to give him a hand if they only had the equipment.
Maybe it would be possible that those people go to Als house and use his
equipment under his supervision to help him get it processed. Knowing
the problem with his backlog, when I got a VAX CPU manual, I bought a
scanner with ADF only to scan this single manual. I did it according to
Als instructions so that Al had to do only very minimal post
processing. (IIRC I sent him TIFFs so that he just needed to do the
multiple TIFF => PDF conversion.)
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}