[rescue] Some thoughts on our hobby..

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Nov 8 13:40:28 CST 2013

" From: Christopher Purdy <escher.beretta.2112 at gmail.com>
"
" Have you folks been watching over the last year or two in regards to prices
" on the major sites for retro gear?  I'm absoultely shocked!  Things that
" sold for pennies on the dollar a few years ago are multiple hundreds of
" dollars now.
"
" []
"
" I fear we are nearing the end of an era when affordable retro / rescue
" computing is coming to a close.. the ebay crowd has descended and snapped
" up many of the remaining stockpiles only to resell them - pushing the
" prices way up.

you see this all the time in the car hobby, where one's chosen marques
are constantly morphing from Just Another Old Car into Valuable
Antique.