[rescue] A Blit lives again

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Mar 12 12:49:58 CDT 2013

" From: Bob Krzaczek <krz at cis.rit.edu>
"
" On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:46:32PM -0400, Francois Dion wrote:
" > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM,  <shatle at nfldinet.com> wrote:
" > >  http://flic.kr/s/aHsjEiZtnx
" > Very cool setup. Red mouse, what's up with that? Did they make red Blits?
"
" Very nice to save space on the desk or lab bench,

each one stood in for 4 terminals in our test stations.  we didn't
have room for that many terminals!

" you could open a
" window to local serial ports or to StarLan connections, IIRC.

i don't remember starlan, but then our bldg didn't have a network when
'our' 5620s were new.

" I remember white CRT phosphors as well, so maybe this was a 730 or 730+?

yup.  5620s were all a high-burn-resistant green but 600/700 series
could be green, amber, or white.  ours were amber.

the 630/730 could have a 10bt ethernet card.  could that be what you're
thinking of?