[rescue] Xenix386 followup - 5 1/4" Imaging

Andrew Hoerter amh at POBOX.COM
Mon Jun 24 09:48:29 CDT 2013

On 6/22/13, William Barnett-Lewis <wlewisiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I may have a line on a bunch of Xenix software from Finland for the
> cost of shipping. If this comes to pass, there is then an additional
> problem: it's all on 5 1/4" high density floppies. I don't have
> anything with such a drive anymore.
>
> If I get these disks, is there anyone here that could image them for
> me? The best way is on a linux box and simply DDing the data into a
> file.

If this software is relatively rare, I'd suggest it would be less
risky to get a 5.25" drive and image them "in place" rather than
remail the floppies to someone else and possibly get them lost or
damaged in transit.  Plus if you're in the retrocomputing hobby, old
floppy drives will come in handy for other things.  Just my thoughts.

That being said, I have functioning 5.25" HD drives and would be happy
to image them for you if needed.