[rescue] Does any one on the list run this?

John Francini francini at mac.com
Sat Jun 8 17:10:59 CDT 2013

On 8 Jun 2013, at 17:30, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker) wrote:

> " From: "Carl R. Friend" <crfriend at rcn.com>
> "
> " []
> "
> "     But I wonder if there's really much interest in the concept
> " of computing history amongst the general population.
>
> i rather imagine that for the general population, 'tech history' is an
> oxymoron.  we are taught history in school, and it is mostly
> political, religious, economic, and human accomplishments.  can you
> imagine a course on the history of the automobile, and its impact on
> the 20th c?

How about this:

"The Evolution of the Automobile: An Insider's View", on sympoz.com:

<http://www.sympoz.com/class/The-Evolution-of-the-Automobile-An-Insiders-View
/13.html>

George Mason University offers Course HIST 333-001: "The Automobile in the
US"

<http://historyarthistory.gmu.edu/courses/2542/course_sections/8561>

And a survey of the various ways many history texts cover automotive history:

"Beyond the Textbook: The Rise of the Automobile"
<http://teachinghistory.org/history-content/beyond-the-textbook/24073>