[rescue] System Upgrade Drive (sort of)

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Fri Jul 5 10:35:31 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 04:30:11PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I'm going to go for an AMD FX-6300 six-core or FX-8320 eight-core
> processor, and would like to put 32G of RAM (maxing out the board)
> if possible.

As a matter of interest, why are you sticking with AMD? I agree that those
CPUs give lots of bang-for-buck but wouldn't the lower power consumption of
an Intel setup be cheaper in the long run for a system that's on 24/7?

Just curious as I'm looking at a similar spec AMD setup vs its Intel
equivalent for a home virtualisation server.

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner
 mj at mjturner.net      <>     http://mjturner.net/