[rescue] Using SSDs in a Sun Ultra-45

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:50:13 CST 2013

SAS is, as I recall, a more robust interface than SATA, and SAS devices are,
by design, datacenter-grade as opposed to SATA and it's consumer/desktop-class
hardware design.

Yes, there are 'beefed-up' SATA drives, but they are not equal to SAS AFAIK.

All else being equal, SAS is superior technology.

If cost is a concern, SATA SSD will be the 'bang for the buck' option...

Lionel