[rescue] Keyboards -- the great evil

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Mon Jan 28 16:18:26 CST 2013

    This is likely off-topic for this crowd, but does anybody have a
busted Toshiba Satellite Laptop that can be parted out?

    I managed to spill a beer (Yes, it's a bad habit I know) into my
otherwise-perfect one yesterday, and despite the best attempts at
damage control *one* key on the keyboard is now inop (and a vowel
("o") to boot).

    It looks like Toshiba wants about (US)$230 to fix the thing, and
that'll boost the price of the unit beyond what I think it's really
worth, and I'd really rather not resort to an external keyboard, so
I'm looking to pick up a working keyboard for a reasonable chunk of
change and do the fix myself.

    Unless that's completely off the wall in our modern throwaway
world...

    Cheers!