[rescue] Speaking of Sun x86 gear..

shatle at nfldinet.com shatle at nfldinet.com
Mon Jan 28 09:46:55 CST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [rescue] Speaking of Sun
x86 gear..
From: "Dr. Robert Pasken"
Date: Mon, January 28, 2013 8:59 am
To:
rescue at sunhelp.org

Ebay seller lucite-bakelite has Sun Ultra-40's. I bought
a dual-core
dual processor with 8gb, slot load DVD-RW for $149 plus shipping.
single core dual processor at 3ghz, with 12gb, slot load DVD-RW is going
for $169. No disks or sleds, but spuds are common and cheap ($5) and so
are
SATA drives. I added two drives to mine, one is a 32gb SSD and the
other a
500gb spinning rust

--

For what it's worth, I've bought SGI parts from this
seller in the past,

He's about an hour away from my sister in Ohio. Next
time I go down
there I may have to make a visit in person, if possible :-)
Steve