[rescue] Transplanting a Sun Fire V210 motherboard - PSU requirements?`

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:08:28 CST 2013

Windows 8 is fine, under the UI. In my general desktop usage Win 8 is as
'snappy' as Win 7 on similar hardware, neither markedly faster or slower. The
UI sucks. Badly.

Win 7, in my experience is a tiny bit better than WinXP on identical hardware
by a tiny bit (dual core, 2-4 Gig RAM machine suggested).

Vista was/is a resource pig, and it had the horrible habit of asking the user
to confirm every hundredth system call - that made long-term usage a very
un-enjoyable experience.

Lionel