[rescue] Transplanting a Sun Fire V210 motherboard - PSU requirements?`

mc68010 mc68010 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:37:13 CST 2013

On 2/26/2013 11:24 AM, Robert Novak wrote:
> Darn, I meant to send to rescue@, not ebay@ :)
>
> Basically I have a pair of boards in hand (not literally) with CPU and
> RAM that I want to test and maybe use (i.e. "rescue"). Sure, I could
> buy a different server that I don't need, but the solution case there
> fails the sniff test.

I was just pointing out that you are going to end up spending more to
get the parts if it is even possible make happen. If a v245 goes for $65
I imagine a v210 goes for almost nothing. If you bought a stripped v210
you would have all the parts you need to test your boards and access to
the actual wiring and voltages to rig something up for the other two
boards. Starting with just a PC power supply seems a challenge that may
not even be possible to overcome.  I am not even sure what you want to
do is possible given the hardcore system and power management that is
going on inside a V210.