[rescue] long shot... anybody got a Gateway 486?

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Tue Apr 30 09:34:17 CDT 2013

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Most-expensive-when-new machine I've personally owned:  Sun Ultra
> Enterprise 3000.

Oooh, I like this game. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely positive what
original costs were on things, but -
- Stacked Sun E10000 with 64x 466mHz processors and 64GB of RAM.
- IBM SP/2 with 64 processors (I forget how fast) and 56GB of RAM.
- nCUBE2 with 64 processors.
- I also have a six-rack Onyx2 system. I think those are the big dogs.

Oh, I have an IBM S/34 that was sold, second hand, in 1978 for $188k - I
have the sales receipt.

 - JP