[rescue] Solaris for PrimePower 250?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Apr 29 03:50:25 CDT 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:56:17 -0500 (CDT), JP Hindin wrote:
> Well, I'm not going to stand and point at specifically the Debian
> installer and say it is the panacaea of installers - but Solaris 10u7
> was released in 2005 and the Deb installer has been the way it's been
> since 2002, so, yea, it kinda did beat the crap out of Solaris.

To be fair :-

1. Encountering unlabelled disks in a SPARC-based machine would be
   "unusual" ... it's likely that only us enthusiasts who would
   encounter them on an install.

2. Most Sun efforts on the installer went on JumpStart rather than on
   the interactive installer. There was very definitely more than a
   hint that JumpStart was the way to install systems.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the suninstall tool had been left
to wither with only enough changes made to it to keep it working since
Solaris 2.4.