[rescue] Unhappy MicroVAX II

Andrew Hoerter amh at POBOX.COM
Tue Apr 16 11:06:36 CDT 2013

On 4/16/13, Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I got it back, and it no longer wants to do anything- there appears
> to be some gibberish on the serial lines, but that's not definitive.

Serial line gibberish can be suggestive of a data rate mismatch.  I'm
not sure what the VAX serial console defaults to, but 2400 or 9600
could be good bets.

Failing that, and not having any particular knowledge of the uVAX
hardware, I'd start by checking power -- are you seeing good voltages
on all the power supply rails?  If power is flaky, you can see pretty
weird behavior.

-Andy