[rescue] Anyone willing to trade/part with assorted harddrives?

marty scholes martyscholes at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 08:35:04 CDT 2013

On 10 April 2013 01:54, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

> My stockpiles
of working/semi-working IDE and SCSI drives is starting to
> dwindle and I
like having lots of smaller-capacity drives around for little
> experiments.
>
> I have a bunch of SCSI controllers I can't use as well...so I could use

some SCSI drives for those. ;)

> I am willing to offer some assorted IDE
CD/DVD drives (5.25"...I have
> about 12 of these spare. mostly untested).
Also willing to offer a 5.25"
> half-height 16G SCA SCSI drive in exchange for
a smaller physical size one
> ;)
>
> Note: I do NOT need high capacity drives.
>
> Note 2: No IBM Deathstars please.  I have enough of those already. ;)

Anyone have a bunch they're wanting to offload?

> Thanks!
>
> --
> Cory
Smelosky
> http://gewt.net Personal stuff
> http://gimme-sympathy.org
Experiments

I have an MSA30 (I believe) with dual power supplies and dual
U320 controllers (4x U320 ports), a full set of disks and sleds and maybe one
spare disk and sled. One of the power supplies has a functioning LED that was
pushed into the supply about a millimeter, probably cracking its mount. All
disks are 10K 36GB. I also have four U320 LVD cables and two PCI-X U320
controllers. Any or all of it is free to a good home if new owner pays
shipping.

I also have 20 or so 15K 9GB fibre drives I can't yet bring myself
to throw away, as well as 20 to 30 15K 73GB fibre drives. The 73GB drives are
very close to new, most with less than 1,000 hours of use.

I am located in
Colorado Springs, CO. Drop me a note if there is any interest.

Cheers,
Marty