[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server]

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Fri Apr 12 01:42:27 CDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 08:55:26PM +0200, Andrew Gaylard wrote:
> On 04/11/13 17:57, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> >>I use the latest openoffice.org from
> >>https://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc
> >Notice from their scripts they are using Solaris Studio rather than gcc.
> >
> >Thanks again for this link. It will be great having a recent copy of OO.
> Cool, glad to be of help.  Be sure to read the readme, I had to
> install a recent
> firefox and then include its lib/ dir in LD_LIBRARY_PATH before OO would run
> stably.  I let the adfinis people know about it, which is how the
> details got into
> the readme.

Yeah there are a few things I want to verify on this, looks like they have a
couple of prereqs and possibly some path hell going on. I'll look into next
week sometime hopefully. I grabbed a couple of builds to see what there is
to see. Solaris people say LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not the way to go and so far I
have never needed to use it, so hopefully it can be made to work some other
way. If it is needed then they should definitely heed your warning and bake
in the search path to a "standard" location like /usr/sfw or /opt/sfw
etc. If they depend on /opt/csw-anything then they may as well contribute
the build back to csw since only people who use the opencsw infrastructure
are going to be able to use it.