[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Apr 11 11:29:44 CDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:14:12PM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I was curious if I missed an option during the text install - I just went with
> the auto-layout on one drive, since the install won't even last 24
> hours...

It's only been a couple of months or so but my memory is gone. Seems like
Andrew is right on both counts, check the installation guide, but I'm pretty
sure what he said about doing

boot cdrom - text

is correct. It should get you to an installer where you get the option to
create a root mirror. And you can also zpool attach if you missed it on the
installer, as he also said.

auto layout on Solaris is fine, if you use ZFS for everything. I always
select the [x] place /var on a separate ZFS filesystem option though.

Have fun with your V240!