[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Apr 7 19:53:29 CDT 2013

    On Sun, 7 Apr 2013, Jerry Kemp wrote:

> I'm curious, how are you progressing with the V240 so far?

    Indeed.  This writer is curious as well, and I hope he is doing
well with the machine.  They're really quite forgiving.

    I used to run a small farm of them, but am now down to just a
couple thanks to the Oracle debacle.  Pretty soon it'll all be
Linux atop VMware.  I keep hoping to score one or two for my own
development work here at home.

    Personally, I'd recommend SVM for the boot disks and then ZFS
for an external JBOD array.  A nicely provisioned V240 is up to
that task.

    Cheers!