[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Apr 5 07:35:32 CDT 2013

When Jerry mentioned his Netra X1 (see below), it reminded me that I
added/swapped some of those slim optical drives in a number of V100s that we
had back in the day -- and I think Lionel's new system will be similar. There
was a small board with a ribbon cable that plugged into the optical drive on
one end and a motherboard connector on the other, and then the cable folded
pretty much flat as the drive slid home. Of course we paid Full Sun Price for
what turned out to be (apparently) plain ol' laptop drives, but at the time it
was worth it.

   Good luck, Lionel!

- Will
--