[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Thu Apr 4 16:26:56 CDT 2013

You may be right here, but in short, I think that Lionel has lots of
options available to him to get what ever version of Solaris he wants on
his V240.

side stepping slightly, I was in a similar situation about 8 years ago,
with an old Sun Netra X1.

IDE architecture, Sparc CPU, and not even a slot for an optical drive.
I was in a remote location and didn't have/too lazy to build a jumpstart
server.  I yanked an IDE DVD drive out of a close by Intel desktop box,
plugged it into the on board Netra X1 controller, and installed Solaris
10u1 (I believe) from that.  It was an early (pre-ZFS) Solaris 10 release.

Jerry