[rescue] Need 4-pin PSU to front motherboard connector for Sun V210

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Tue May 29 09:53:12 CDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM,  <microcode at zoho.com> wrote:
> I'm also looking to buy additional PSUs and RAM for V440 and V210s.
> Somebody had said they had some RAM to give me but it's been a long time
> and nothing heard. If you have anything to sell please email me with your
> prices.

My best advice to you, as it concerns V440s, is to RUN, not WALK, to
replace that machine.  I had a production V440 eat 3 PSUs, in one day,
in the past year.  I'm guessing that the caps in those PSUs are of the
faulty fake-Japanese type.  V440s are some of the most unreliable Sun
hardware that it has ever been my misfortune to be responsible for.

- Alex