[rescue] Ultra 5 / Ultra 10

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:22:41 CDT 2012

On 9 Jun 2012, at 23:15, Robert Novak wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Now an Ultra 30/60 I could see at 40 pounds...
>
> Yup, maybe more with bot disks and a bunch of RAM. And I remember that
> the E250 was 120-170 pounds depending on config... I used to use that
> as a guideline for girlfriends I could "safely" carry. :)

An Ultra 5 I can pickup and swing under my arm with one hand just about.
Probably weighs a shade less than the stated 25lbs (unless you fit a Symbios
card and 2 SCSI drives then it weights a lot more! :) )

An Ultra 60, I can easily see that being 40lbs at least mine feels like it.
Mine is full of RAM and has 1.6" height SCSI drives in mind you so it's not
surprising it's a bit weighty :)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info