[rescue] Opinions - what OS for Sun E3500?

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sat Jun 9 10:03:52 CDT 2012

> A friend of mine has been doing a lot of Linux/Sparc work with Debian
> Sparc, fixing compiler bugs, etc. It's been interesting watching his tweets
> on it.

I also run Sparclinux on my zoo, including E3000 and E3500. E3500
internal socal FC is not supported so my 3500 runs with external SCSI.

Sparclinux in general works and is tested regularly, most obvious bugs
are found before new kernel releases. However, there are some quirks,
like some random apps portability problems (Debian aptitude crashing on
exit when some packages have been successfully installed is what I see
regularly).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)