[rescue] Opinions - what OS for Sun E3500?

Patrick Giagnocavo xemacs5 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 16:03:49 CDT 2012

Solaris 10 up to update 8 I think does not have the same onerous licensing,
from what I understand.

I still have some Sol10U3 (I think) servers running, pre-ZFS on root days,
that are rock solid.

Are there some OpenSolaris/SPARC distros - they might be fun and more
current...

I wonder what the max performance you could get on file IO is, with a wide
enough stripe of FC disks?

--Patrick