[rescue] OpenLook/Openwin WAS::::::::::Re: CDE

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Aug 7 22:02:23 CDT 2012

On 8/7/2012 9:26 PM, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Add some transparency support, anti-aliasing, and compiz-fusion love and it
> would be really, really nice.

Please no compiz or fusion.  I really liked the idea at first and spent
a lot of time arguing why it was a good idea that just needed time to
mature, but 6 years later I've still never seen it work without causing
trouble and yet all the modern desktops (Unity and GNOME 3[0]) are
forcing it on me now.

[0] Sorry, KDE, XFCE and LXDE, I try but I just don't seem to be able to
like you.