[rescue] Hardware up FT/FS

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 12:12:18 CDT 2011

You can piece together a brand new quad-core server with 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM
(the bargain form of RAM right now, about $10/Gig in densities up to 4 gig
sticks), a 1TB drive for about $300 - for example:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=43
2485&sku=B69-0366

Quad-core AMD 805, 8 Gigs RAM, 1 TB, case, PS, etc. $299 after rebate.

Or this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=35
6591&csid=_21

Better CPU, ASUS MB that can take 16 Gigs of RAM (4x 4 Gig DIMMs), less RAM
included, still $299.

I could piece together something a bit better at a similar price point, given
time, but as this example shows, a modest VM box is pretty cheap...

Ken