[rescue] Don't buy from ebay seller carp-o-matic

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Tue Mar 29 13:43:11 CDT 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:37:37 -0600, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

> In article <20110329160346.GA10345 at cable.mendelson.com>,
>    gsm at mendelson.com writes:
>
> > If you bought via eBay, there are additional rules and if you filed a
> > claim within 45 days of purchase, they will investigate. Failure to
> > properly pack is one reason they will refund your money.
>
> Unfortunately I didn't unpack this within 45 days of the sale.  The
> seller used that to basically tell me to f*** off.  Still, you can
> tell the difference between a bastard and a gentleman without a
> policeman.

Many of the items that I've bought from ebay take more than 45 days
from date of sale to arrive in South Africa, especially older, full
machines sent via surface shipping. Which is why I think the 45 day
from *sale* (rather than delivery) period is a shame and why I'm
hesitant to order from Ebay (and will only order if the items is small
and can be sent using airmail).

Cheers,
Jonathan
--