[rescue] Thin Client for garage

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Tue Mar 29 08:55:00 CDT 2011

Used thinclients can be had relatively cheaply off ebay. I got a couple
in the 800MHz-1GHz range with DVI out and a PCI slot for ~$50/ea.

Also, in many cases, the firmware images are available for download from
the "manufacturer"'s website. Manufacturer is in quotes because I know
for a fact that, in at least some cases (like the units I bought)
multiple companies were buying units made by a third-party and rebadging
them. In some cases, (like mine) they also mucked around with the BIOS
beyond just embedding their logo. In that situation, some legwork may be
required to find un-mucked bios images.