[rescue] Don't buy from ebay seller carp-o-matic

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Mar 28 10:58:21 CDT 2011

In article <AANLkTi=woTvc1SPa=ZHn7CfZ4FOyz8dKkrHnSjjHR2LJ at mail.gmail.com>,
    Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> writes:

> My roommates just smashed my mint teal I2 -- any more of those skins around?

Even from people who disassemble (i.e. "part out") SGI machines don't
seem to keep the skins.  Instead they are constantly hawking the power
supplies, the CPU boards and the mother boards.  I have a feeling the
skins went into the plastic recycling pile.

I've rarely seen skins without a full machine underneath.

If anyone is looking to get rid of SGI machines (Indigo, Indigo^2,
Indy, O2, Prism, Fuel), I'm buying.  I'm not Bill Gates, mind you, but
I am buying.