[rescue] External Drive on a Mac Book Chassis

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:12:34 CDT 2011

> However, if Firewire is suitable, I may track down a Firewire/SATA
> case and stuff one of the cheap 1TB 3.5" drives in it.
>
> Thanks for that info.

Heh, got reasonably lucky with Craig's List for a change - found a $10
firewire 400 case. It's IDE internally but I still have an old 80gb
Deathstar that will keep me until I can pop for an IDE/SATA adapter &
one of the newer 2TB drives.

I may well try to track down a busted Macbook to scavenge and rebuild
this beast that way too, but I can at least get my scanner running
again. For my black & white film photography, that scanners is rather
important.

Anyone with a dead 13" core2duo Macbook? :D

Thanks for the advice, all.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.