[rescue] 'thin' 3.5" SATA drives

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:24:48 CST 2011

Physically they'd fit in a 1U, but IMHO if the space is that limited you might
be better off using 2.5" disks and spacing them apart. I'd have some
reservations about heat dissipation in that tight a space with 7200rpm disks.

Usual caveats apply about running the firmware update on Seagate 2009/2010
drives too. The details are on Seagate's website and you can check if your
drive is affected by model number.

As for a source, well I'd just keep looking around for any computer stores
with old stock, but hard drives flow like water these days so I'd doubt most
places have any left, but you never know.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>