[rescue] Rescuing a Thinkpad T42

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 22 13:35:39 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 01:25:47PM -0500, Mark Grieshaber wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:46:06AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > I recently snagged a Thinkpad T42 off eBay for cheap.
> > ... put a 512M CF card and adapter
> > in place of the IDE hard drive (to eliminate the boot delay), and installed
> Very nice -- what adapter did you use?  Also sourced via ebay?

Amazon, actually:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036DDXUM

I had to use this adapter (even though I only have one CF card in it)
because it's the only one that has the actual form factor and *all* the
screw holes of a normal hard drive, versus being one of the "Just a PCB"
CF-to-laptop-IDE adapters.

BIll

--
Bill Bradford