[rescue] 3ware raid

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Jul 27 19:42:18 CDT 2011

Zachary Giles wrote:
> Interesting.. I never thought about flashing the bios on it. I'll be
> sure to be cautious about that.
>
> Unfortunately I do have 4 of these. They're 9500S-8 PCI-X133. I
> figured they would work with OpenSolaris but don't seem to.. Anyone
> have success or ideas ?
> Or are you flashing them to try and get them to work?

I was flashing them as the firmware was old, the card wasn't beeing seen
under Linux, and when I had tried a 4 drive raid 0 stripe and had a block
go bad... with one file getting corrupted.  I tested each drive
individually,
no errors.... weird....

So I was just flashing to make it current, and hoping that Linux would then
see it w/o requiring a custom compiled kernel module.

-- Curt