[rescue] Lightening the load

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:40:27 CDT 2011

I think that's the best way to 'thin the herd' - by processor/architecture.
I'm about to shed all P3 and earlier PC boxes, which includes some PIII Xeon
servers that I never really got to fiddle with...

Of course, my PC surplus is most likely headed towards the electronics
recycling events my county holds several times a year, as they are hardly
interesting to anyone these days, AFAIK.

P4 and later boxes are still useful for many applications, so they will have
more optimistic futures.

Lionel