[rescue] Intergraph CLIX (was: SVR3 man pages)

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Fri Feb 25 15:35:42 CST 2011

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Justin Haynes wrote:

> Do you have them up and running or packed away?  If I were
> to send you a SCHEME interpreter to compile could you test
> it for me?  I have a friend who wrote one he wants me to
> compile on my OpenBSD SPARC machine.  He wants to test for
> portability.

    And CLIX is a wonderful test on that count!

    I have one operational one here -- a workstation that I'll
need to locate keyboard, mouse, and home-made video adapter-
cable for -- and one at RCS/RI that is the one that I know is
tricked out with all the compilers.  I'll see what I can do
with "maddog" (a 2020, after all) this weekend; failing that,
I'll be in Providence in another couple of weeks and will grab
the other one.

> I understand it is lightweight.

    I've built some pretty heavyweight stuff on CLIX, including
early versions of SAMBA, some compatibility work on SIM-H, and
what I think is the last known version of ELM (in "newprod"
format, no less) in existence that I did a few^W^W several years
ago.

    Cheers!