[rescue] SCSI 50 to 68 to 80 pin thingies

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 12:45:19 CST 2011

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:33:40 -0600, Justin Haynes
<justin at justinhaynes.com> said:
> Can't use those, but I sure could use one of these CHB-25INT IDE to SCSI
> converters for my SPARCbook 3gx:
>
> http://online.century.co.jp/BittradeTest/e_shop/chb25int.html
>
> (The 'buy' link on the page at the link is dead.  They no longer make the
> device, I've emailed them)
>

> -Justin

The part you want, and I have one in use, in a DEC Multia, is the ADTX
A363001.  The following companies appear to have them in stock, though
the first is asking $150.

http://www.tamayatech.com/parts.php?g=A363001
http://www.hkinventory.com/public/OfferInventResult.asp?Order=1&pnums=ADTX+A3
63001+&crit1=&crit2=&category=&product=&keywords=&words=3&country=&postdate=&
brand=&crit3=&crit4=0&datecode=

You can also find these (rarely) on eBay, or more commonly, look for a
750mb or larger 12mm 2.5" parallel SCSI HDD.  Every one that I have
ever seen is actually a 9.5mm IDE disk, with the ADTX (or similar)
bridge attached, including the ones that Apple sold for their
PowerBooks.

The devices work well, though I'm told that there's an 8gb limit on
bridged disks.

Good luck!
- Alex