[rescue] Alphaserver 4100 free/small $ to good home

Fred FRED at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Tue Feb 15 19:07:10 CST 2011

Hi all,

It's time I faced the fact that I really am never going to fire up this
Alphaserver 4100 rackmount unit I have.  It'll most likely spin my electric
meter more than I'm willing with all of the other stuff I have rescued.

It's free (small "donations" are of course appreciated) to a good home.

I'll ship but it would most likely be too expensive from northern Ohio.  Heck,
I'd probably have to put the thing on a pallet.  I'd much rather have pickup.
Bring help.  It took two almost three grown men to get it into the house.  If
you have a dolly it would most likely make things easier.  It will fit into a
trunk if you have a big one, an SUV or crossover would be better with the
seats folded down.

I also have the internal SCSI controller that goes along with it.  Perfect for
OpenVMS or Unix-ish you'd like to run on it.  I already have a plethora of
other Alphas (that consume less power) and VAXStations so I don't need anymore
(that's what I keep telling myself).

Dual processor, 2GB RAM.  Passed tests when last powered up.  No hard drives
but I'd be willing to part with a couple of 4.3GB SE drives to help you get up
and running.  Also has all three power supplies.

Feel free to contact me off list.

If I don't get any response I'm going to figure out a way to drag this thing
to the scrapper, or have the scrapper come pick it up (for something heavy and
metal like this, he makes house calls ...) :)  I'd really rather give it a
good home.

Cheers,

Fred