[rescue] Looking for DIGITAL Unix (WAS: Re: Looking for Ultrix 4 for DECstation)

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:23:09 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:51 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks
<jjacocks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone here have a suggestion as to where I might find Ultrix 4,
> preferably 4.5?  I have a soft spot in my heart for DECstations, for
> some unknown reason.

Interestingly enough, I now seem to have, mostly accidentally,
acquired a TurboChannel Alpha, specifically a DEC 3000/400 AXP.

Accordingly, I'm looking for Digital UNIX media, for it.  I'm lucky
enough to have gotten a free copy of Tru64 5.1b, back when HP was
giving them away, but that won't run on my DEC 3000, since
TurboChannel support was dropped, around v5.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get media for DIGITAL
Unix 4?  I've been looking on eBay, but  everything I've seen, there,
is for v5.1x.

Thanks!
- Alex