[rescue] LF: Original version USB Zip 250

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:12:28 CDT 2011

I've had an itch for a while to get a FireWire Zip250 drive.

I recently stumbled on one of the interfaces to add FireWire to the older
version of the USB Zip 250 (the one which needed an AC adapter and had an
ATAPI port on the back). Looking on ebay, I can find a few auctions for the
requisite drive, but they seem inordinately expensive for 10+ year old
technology.

So, I thought I would check here... Does anybody have one of the
non-USB-powered Zip250 drives that they would be willing to let go cheap.
I'd prefer some kind of hardware swap (I've even got a USB-powered Zip250
I'll swap if you really need one... Along with lots of media), but am open
to other offers.

Thanks...
John