[rescue] CBM 1541 to Mac?

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Apr 6 15:28:01 CDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Michael Parson wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Steve Haavik wrote:
>>
>>> What about this thing?
>>> http://www.go4retro.com/products/zoomfloppy/
>>
>> Wow, I've been out of the C= 8-bit scene for a while.  Jim Brain (the
>> guy that runs go4retro.com) was just starting out with a couple of
>> after-market bits for the old Commodore line last time I checked.  Very
>> cool that he's doing these.  I just ordered one of these and will report
>> back when I get one.  I've got a closet full of Commodore 8-bit gear and
>> floppies full of software for them.
>
> Well, it came in about two weeks ago, the software for Mac is based on
> Macports, you grab a port file and build it from there.
>
> http://lallafa.de/blog/opencbm-on-mac/
<snip>

I also got a ZoomFloppy from Jim Brain, and made a case for it.  I've
got it hooked to my NAS, and am using OpenCBM on Linux, to transfer
images.  It works perfectly, using my 1571.  Definitely worth the very
low price, IMO.

I've also got a 1541 Ultimate-II on order, but that is for a different
purpose, obviously.  Now, if I could only get a new PAL for this dead
C64...

- Alex