[rescue] U5 coming, looking for some advice

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Oct 25 09:56:45 CDT 2010

" From: Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc>
"
" I certainly agree with you statement about getting free patches from Oracle.
"
" But if you want to upgrade your java version, I would point you to
"
" http://www.java.com/
"
" and download what every you want.

a good start, but current jdk5 update is 26 according to last friday's
patchdiag.xref and the latest ver there is 22, the latest that's by
their statement publically available.  i already have 23, the last
they let out the door before slamming it shut.  i'm constrained to 5
b/c studio 11 doesn't recognize 6.

btw they're still releasing updates to 1.4.2 - to paying customers.

i'm running s8, so studio 12 - which i can only guess supports jdk6 -
is out.  it's fully patched as of the week oracle pulled the plug on
patch access.  i'd consider s9 if i could get it to that level.  s10
might run on my u1e if i pull some tricks, but it won't install out of
the box - and there's still the patch problem.